Serving the World since 1996
UniMatrix xSP extensively supports Open Source Software
We bill for BRAINS and BANDWIDTH -- not BRAND MARKETING
Joomla CMS is a 100% open source content management system for rapid deployment and easy maintenance of a content-rich web site designed to drive traffic to your business or organization. Joomla hosting from UniMatrix includes installation, configuration, tech support, training, and installation of compoenents that have proven their worth to clients.
Many web designers charge by the hour to make changes to your web site, but with a Joomla based web site from UniMatrix, you can make changes, edits, modifications, or add content any time you want! Not sure how to do something? No problem, just ask!
Hosting Pricing: $100 setup + $24.95/month = Total Support
If you need to go over the 2 Gb of storage and monthly data traffic we provide or have a high-bandwidth site, we will need to charge you slightly more, but for now, just assume that our base package will be fine! If you have questions about this service, please do not hesitate to use the "Contact Us" options to ask!
What is Joomla?
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
What's a content management system (CMS)?
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to.
What are some real world examples of what Joomla! can do?
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
Who uses Joomla?
Here are just a few examples of Web sites that use Joomla:
- United Nations (Governmental organization) - http://www.unric.org
- MTV Networks Quizilla (Social networking) - http://www.quizilla.com
- L.A. Weekly (Online publication) - http://www.laweekly.com
- IHOP (Restaurant chain) - http://www.ihop.com
- Harvard University (Educational) - http://gsas.harvard.edu
- Citibank (Financial institution intranet) - Not publicly accessible
- The Green Maven (Eco-resources) - http://www.greenmaven.com
- Outdoor Photographer (Magazine) - http://www.outdoorphotographer.com
- PlayShakespeare.com (Cultural) - http://www.playshakespeare.com
- Senso Interiors (Furniture design) - http://www.sensointeriors.co.za